Best Low-Carb Snack Bar Review – Who Passes the Bar Exam?
Why I decided to try Perfect Keto Bars
For those of you who have been on the keto journey, you know it’s not all that easy to find convenient good-for-you keto snacks you can enjoy on the go.
Usually, the search for keto bars was accompanied by worry over the hard-to-pronounce ingredients and whether these ingredients would compromise my state of ketosis.
It’s safe to say that I usually stay away from such products and make fat bombs at home.
But we all know some days are crazier and busier than others. And on those days, it’s easy to cheat and get kicked out of ketosis when you’re hungry and there are no good keto snacks available.
I knew there had to be a better option and luckily I found these new Perfect Keto Bars during my latest search. And these are exactly what I’ve been looking for.
Perfect Keto Bars are the only low-carb protein bars on the market that are actually optimized for a healthy ketogenic diet.
Unlike other bars, you won’t find cheap fillers, artificial ingredients, or added sugars and sugar alcohols of any kind.
You also won’t see massive amounts of protein and a small amount of fat like your typical protein bars.
Perfect Keto spent a huge amount of time perfecting these bars to create a satisfying snack that won’t kick you out of ketosis. 1 year and 18 different iterations to be exact.
Dr. Anthony Gustin even went so far as to test his bar against 3 other popular low-carb protein bars to see how it affected his blood sugar.
I was shocked by what he discovered.
This is a MUST watch video if you are even mildly interested in keto, metabolism, and snack food.
Too long; Didn’t watch: Quest and Dang bars spiked his glucose by 20-30 points and Bulletproof spiked it by 40 points for 5 hours!
Perfect Keto Bars increased his glucose by 3 units. That’s about as much as you would expect from standing up or sitting down.
I stick to these Keto Bars since they won’t stimulate increases in my blood sugar and I know there are only high-quality ingredients inside.
Here is why I love Perfect Keto Bars:
1) Ingredients in these Keto Bars are easy to pronounce and familiar!
- Organic almond butter & almonds. Almonds are low in carbs and loaded with monounsaturated fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, which keeps me feeling full for longer and gives me a nice dose of micronutrients. And since Perfect Keto only uses organic almond butter and almonds, I don’t have to worry about nasty pesticide exposure that comes with other brands.
- Grass-fed collagen. Collagen directly supports healthy skin, hair, nails, brain, joints, gut, heart, and eye health.
- Cacao butter. The cacao butter in this bar serves two purposes: it adds an extra layer of fats in the form of saturated fats, which can help reduce inflammation and gives these bars a richer texture that feels more like a brownie than a bar.
- Organic cocoa. Cocoa is rich in polyphenols and antioxidants — which can help fight free radicals — and it’s beneficial for heart health. So while you’re technically eating cocoa, it’s nothing like the sugar-filled chocolate you’re used to since there are added health benefits. So it’s better taste-wise and nutritionally.
- Organic coconut oil. As one of the best fats on keto, coconut oil is packed with medium-chain fatty acids that give your body the fuel it needs to power through any day and it helps support ketosis. It also has anticancer, antibacterial, and antiviral properties so you know it’s a staple in my house.
- Soluble tapioca fiber. It’s the cheap binders found in other bars, among many things, that have a tendency to kick you out of ketosis. That’s why Perfect Keto ditched those altogether and used soluble tapioca fiber, which keeps these bars keto-friendly.
2) These Keto Bars have been tested and proven to be keto-friendly.
It’s not just these high quality ingredients that make this keto bar stand out.
Not all low-carb bars can be trusted.
And unlike most keto bars, Perfect Keto has tested and made sure that their Keto Bars do not spike your blood sugar level.
For more info, check out Dr. Anthony Gustin recent comparison of 4 popular low carb protein bars.
Here’s why these Keto Bars made the cut over other options out there:
- No junk ingredients or cheap fillers. You won’t find any soluble corn fiber or Frankenstein ingredients that are unpronounceable in this bar.
- No artificial sweeteners, added sugars or sugar alcohols. You also won’t see high-sugar sweeteners like dates, honey, syrups, or chicory root fiber either. But that doesn’t mean sugar alcohols are lurking behind the label. These bars are also free from those and artificial sweeteners.
- Soy, peanut, corn, and dairy free. These common allergens may be in other bars but not this keto bar.
- Keto-optimized macros. Some bars are too high in protein while others are too low in fat. Perfect Keto’s bar is the perfect sweet spot that delivers macros that are ideal on a keto diet. Each bar contains 19g of fat, 10g of protein, and 3g of net carbs.
Here are a few other reasons why I enjoy Pefect Keto Bars:
- The almond butter brownie flavor actually tastes very much like a dessert which is so satisfying
- There’s no weird aftertaste lingering around from artificial sweeteners
- The texture and consistency are on point, unlike many keto bars that fall apart when you hold it up to eat.
- With 19g of fat and 10g of protein, I find that it keeps me full for longer
- It makes me feel more alert and focused in the afternoons and avoid that late-afternoon slump.
And since there’s no carb-heavy syrups or hard to digest sweeteners in these bars, you’ll have no trouble staying in ketosis.
Perfect Keto’s bars were also specially formulated to minimize blood sugar impact which means you won’t experience a huge insulin spike and subsequent crash right after eating one, which you can’t say about some other bars on the market.
My Favorite Ways to Enjoy Keto Bars
Perfect Keto Bars are pretty straightforward in that you can just grab one, stash it in your bag, and enjoy it on the go.
But, if you really want to take things a step further, try pairing your Keto Bars with one of their other products to elevate your performance and taste buds.
- Step 1: Brew a cup of Perfect Keto’s Instant Coffee and pair it with their Keto Bar
- Step 2: Enjoy this energizing and satisfying combo on-the-go or sip it slowly as you start your day at home
- Step 1: I’ll eat a Keto Bar 1-2 hours before my workout
- Step 2: Then, closer to my actual workout, I’ll add one scoop of Perform into my shaker cup
- Step 3: Next, I top this with 8 ounces of water and mix with a good shake
- Step 4: I sip on this just before my workout
- Step 1: Mix a scoop of Perfect Keto Base with water or your favorite beverage
- Step 2: Sip on this as you nosh on a Perfect Keto Bar and you’ll fuel your brain with ketones and protein which both can help you power through the rest of your day
- Step 1: Slather on a nice spread of Keto Nut Butter on your Perfect Keto Bars for a decadent low-carb treat
- Step 2: Enjoy
To refuel after a workout, I like to use Perfect Keto Bars + Keto Electrolytes:
- Step 1: Shortly after my workouts, I mix Keto Electrolytes in my shaker cup with 8 oz of water to quickly give my body the nutrients it needs to recover properly
- Step 2: I follow this up with a Perfect Keto Bar to get a dose of protein, which also helps with recovery and gives me some much-needed fuel after a workout
How to Get Your Hands on Perfect Keto Bars
If you’re new to keto and you find it difficult to get your hands on satisfying snack bars that are keto-approved, I would highly recommend trying these Perfect Keto Bars.
The good news is you can do so with a special discount on your first order.
I touched base with the owner of Perfect Keto and he’s agreed to share an exclusive discount with my readers on Keto Bars.
For the launch month November 2018: Save 25% on Perfect Keto Bars by using coupon code: KETOBARS25
Missed the Launch Month? You can always save 15% on Perfect Keto Bars by using coupon code: APERFECT15.
They sold out of their first shipment in 20 hours and will be running out of stock later this month. Seriously, pick yours up now and hopefully, they’ll be back in stock by the time you’re ready for your second order.